Airbrator Silo Fluidizer
Aeration & Vibration
Airbrator utilizes a combination of aeration and vibration to help keep even the most difficult dry materials flowing freely from a storage vessel. Its distinctive design vibrates the hopper wall as the air flows between the Airbrator pad's boot and the bin wall.
Appropriate for use in any type of bin or silo, Airbrator is extremely economical, is quite easy to install, offers durable construction, and is self-cleaning. With its stainless-steel shaft, it can be used in food-grade applications. Airbrator pads do not require a specific air pressure for operation and can use high or low-pressure blower air from as low as 5 PSIG to as high as 60 PSIG.
How Airbrator Works
Where to use Airbrator
- In finely-ground dry bulk materials prone to packing and buildup
- Indoor and outdoor applications in bins and storage vessels
- In elevated temperature or corrosive applications
- Foodstuffs like flour, seed, grain, sugar, or cornstarch
- Construction materials like cement, fly ash, and sand
- In flakes, sawdust, or PVC resin
- Powders such as carbon black, lime, or gypsum
Airbrator’s simple, yet versatile design
- Dual-action flow aid uses both aeration and vibration
- Requires fewer pads than diffuser type devices
- Uses high or low pressure
- Unaffected by moisture or temperature
- Self-cleaning, no maintenance needed
- Tear and moisture resistant for long life
- Simple to install in any type of vessel
- Suitable for abrasive materials
- Check valve keeps material out of air line
|Pad Material||Molded silicone or neoprene rubber|
|Shaft||Stainless steel center shaft|
|Process Temperature||Up to 250°F (121°C)|
|Air Pressure||From 5 PSIG to 60 PSIG|
|Air Consumption||Dependent on application|
|Compliance||FDA 21CFR177.2600 (a – e, g, h)|
Diffuser Air Pad
Prevent compaction with fluidizers
BinMaster air pads are a cost-effective solution to many material flow problems. They are ideal for finely ground dry materials that tend to pack while in storage and then cling to the walls of the bin. Multiple air pads are installed intermittently along the bin wall and low-pressure air is directed along the bin walls to ensure a continuous, even flow of material out of the bin.
At just 7-1/2” long and 3-3/4” wide, the compact air pads can be adapted to any bin size. The non-clogging design is very easy to install, just drill a hole and use a mounting kit. They are offered with a zinc-plated steel or stainless steel body, making them ideal for a wide variety of applications.
Why Air Pads work
When dry powders are first conveyed into a storage vessel, they are a highly aerated mixture of air and particulate matter. Air pads continuously introduce air into the body of dry powder to keep it in its fluidized state, so the aerated powder mixture flows quite readily.
Without aeration, the powder settles and the solid particulate and air separate. This results in a decrease in volume and an increase in bulk density. In a de-aerated state powders compact, and act more like a bulk solid rather than a fluid-like mixture.
Air pad fluidizers replace the naturally lost air, help maintain the air to particulate mixture so the material can flow freely from the vessel.
How to use Air Pads
- To help ensure materials flows from bin cone to discharge
- Mounted along bin walls and cone to promote flow of powders
- In materials that tend to pack while in storage and then cling to the walls of the bin
- Cement or fly ash
- Bentonite, gypsum, or lime
- Carbon black or fly ash
- Food ingredients like powdered sugar or flour
- Resins and PVC powders
Installing Air Pads for optimal performance
- Install multiple rows of air pad bin aerators
- Four rows of air pads on 2” to 15” centers is common
- Space the air pads so the radius of each air pad is about 10”
- Cover the entire problem area with air pads.
- Consult with BinMaster to identify the number of rows and quantity of air pads needed
Air Pads features you will love
- Promotes positive uniform material flow
- Stainless-steel or zinc-plated steel mesh
- Low initial cost, low cost of operation
- Adapts to any bin configuration
- Internal or external mounting options
Air Pad Specifications
|Length||7-1/2” (190.5 mm)|
|Width||3-3/4” (95.2 mm)|
|Height||1/2” (12.7 mm)|
|Stem Length||2” (50.80 mm)|
|Body||Zinc-plated steel or stainless steel|
|Diffuser Cloth||Up to 180°F - cotton canvas, up to 600°F – fiberglass|
|Diffuser Screen||16 mesh (galvanized steel or stainless-steel type 316)|